Whenever you open a pre-2020.2 workbook or databases in a 2020.2 type of Tableau, important computer data resource arise as just one rational dining table in the fabric together with the label “Migrated Data”. You’ll be able to rename the Migrated facts desk.
Your original, denormalized information may have been originally created from a single or more dining tables making use of joins and unions. Whenever you open the data provider in Tableau 2020.2, Tableau migrates the denormalized data unit to one reasonable table from inside the new facts product to ensure that your computer data and workbooks include moved without changes.
Observe the physical dining tables that make up the single reasonable table, double-click that rational table to open up it from inside the actual level. You will notice the main real tables, like joins and unions.
If you have current multi-table information sources explained using physical level joins, might still work because they did earlier. It’s not necessary to alter your data source. You are able to relate sensible dining tables towards migrated desk, nevertheless cannot downgrade logical tables.
You might start thinking about switching you data source to make use of interactions versus joins when you need to increase the amount of dining tables your data model. This will require that you pull dining tables through the real level, and then put them to the rational covering.
Can I make use of a data source on Tableau machine or Tableau using the internet (version 2020.2 or after) in an earlier type of Tableau pc (version 2020.1 or prior)?
Should you decide try to open a published repository or posted workbook from Tableau machine or Tableau on line adaptation 2020.2 or afterwards in an earlier type of Tableau pc, any logical dining tables that have been related to the main table in the data source shall be eliminated. Just the root dining table (the initial table included with that data source design) will stay.
- Tableau shows a caution that the data source are from a newer form of Tableau that’s not suitable for the earlier variation.
- About repository web page, precisely the root table will remain into the databases.
- Inside facts pane in a Tableau Desktop worksheet, Tableau shows problems (red-colored exclamation information) next to affected sphere which aren’t the main root table.
- Tableau shows a warning that the data source is from a more recent version of Tableau that’s not https://datingranking.net/friendfinder-x-review suitable for the previous variation.
- In facts pane in a Tableau pc worksheet, Tableau displays a mistake (red exclamation aim) beside the picked data source and a note the hookup has to be updated. Mouse click tv series Information for more information concerning the error.
Can posted information sources getting related to both?
You can’t link released facts resources to each other. You could edit and look at the facts unit for a published repository.
How do extracts work with related sensible dining tables?
Plant data is today accumulated according to reasonable tables (substitute the solitary desk solution) or physical dining tables (substitute the Multiple Tables choice). To learn more, discover generate an extract.
If I have to downgrade from 2020.2 to a previous version, what goes on to affairs between logical dining tables?
In the event that you downgrade a 2020.2 workbook to a previous version of Tableau, any rational tables that were related to the source dining table inside design should be taken off the info source. Only the root desk (initial desk put into that unit) will stay.
All sheets in workbook made use of sphere from sensible tables (non-root) become incorrect, because their own tables and sphere have now been taken from the info model.